Friday, August 29, 2008

We are home...finally

Hi friends, I have so much to "report" but not enough time or energy to do it... bottom line is - we are home. I was discharged on Tuesday but our sweet baby boy had to stay for 2 more nights in the NICU. They wanted to monitor Elliott because he was having "blue spells". They conducted a 12 hour sleep study and discovered some sleep apnea and reflux. The docs felt the best course of action was not to medicate but to send us home with a monitor. So our 9lb bundle of joy just got a bit heavier. The monitor has gone off twice since we have been home indicating an episode of apnea.

Last night, was our first night home with Elliott - we did pretty well... up at 2, 6, and 9:30 - not too bad.

I will entertain you with hospital stories later, for now here are some pics for you to enjoy.

Oh, I forgot to mention... Elliott John Connor came in to our world at 6:27pm on August 22, 2008, weighing in at 9lbs, 2oz and measuring 21.4 inches long.





















4 comments:

Jessica said...

He is SOOOOO cute!
I love his peach fuzz hair!
When can we come over to meet him?
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Connor family!!!!!!!!!!

What a blessing it was to be there and to hold that precious baby Elliott after he was born. It was an emotional week for you, but now Elliott is home where he belongs with his Mom, Dad and big sister Pacey. Those pics are so cute with that peach fuzz hair.

We love you all,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Carrie, It was so wonderful celebrating Elliott's homecoming with his first Sunday dinner at Grammy's house yesterday! I know it wasn't easy to bring him out so soon and it really meant alot to me having all of you here. Thanks! Seeing Bryan and Summer holding him and listening to Pacey sing to him brought such joy into my heart! My house seems too quiet today--but at least I finally had time to read your blog! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so great! Now you've been blessed with two beautiful children. What you went through at the end shows what a strong lady you are. I can't wait to get my hands on him!

We love you guys,
Terri