Thursday, September 4, 2008

two birds...

I just sent an email to my friend and co-worker, Jen... thought I would just cut and paste it here and kill two birds with one stone.
Hi... carrie update... baby boy came home on thursday of last week, he is on a heart/respiration monitor which drives us crazy... it goes off more often for loose connections then it does for a true apnea episode... we were told he would be on it for at least a month after his last true episode... i am a mess... thought i was getting better, monday i was home alone with the babe, eric and pacey were running errands... i was in bed and started to bleed from my incision, thought i would bleed out and die, called 911 and went for an ambulance ride - fun! turns out i have a lot of blood pooled in my lower abdomen and it will either be reabsorbed by my body or, if it can find a way out, it does... so, i was not going to die. went back to ob on tuesday for staple removal - she sent me for a sonogram to check my lower belly - still lots of blood but she does not want to go back in... told me it would either drain or reabsorb but that i could push on my belly to make it bleed - uhh, no thanks... going back to ob today, baby boy goes for 2 week check up tomorrow...eric goes back to work on monday... pray for me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,

Just read your last posting. We have been praying for you and Elliott for a long time. We will continue to pray that you will stop the bleeding, begin to heal and that Elliott will not have to be on the monitor much longer. You are a strong person and I know that God will get you through this rough time and that He will help you get through your first week of not having Eric around as he goes back to work.

We love you,
Pat

Jessica said...

Geeeeez Louise..you sure are having a time aren't you.
I know this is tough but I will pray for your healing and strength!
Love you!
Hope to visit this weekend.
J

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
You and baby Elliot were the hot topic at our ECI meeting this morning. Unfortunately, I could not get any volunteers to come over to help you with your drainage issue :)You guys have had a really tough time...but it is truly worth the blood(literally),sweat and tears you have invested. Rest, get better, and enjoy each moment. They are so precious and fleeting. My grandmother always tells me the laundry will wait, the house will get dirty again but your children are only little once.

Thinking of you,
Jennifer and family