Saturday, October 4, 2008

Colic...

Well, the relief from the prevacid was short lived. Tuesday we called the doctor because Elliott had returned to his old ways of spitting up and screaming. Of course, they wanted to see us in the office. This time they told us that he had Colic - an otherwise healthy baby who cries for no reason... FUN!!! The doctor said that now they think Colic has to do with an underdeveloped portion of the brain that controls satisfaction - in time it will develop but right now, he "can't get no - satisfaction" even though, "I try, and I try, and I try, and I try" he "can't get no - no, no, no!" - sorry, I couldn't resist :-)

So... her solution was to try a special formula called Alimentum by Similac - it is easier to digest and is supposed to help relieve Colic within 24 hrs... she gave us 2 sample cans. I asked if we needed a prescription, "no, just a paycheck." - Fan-freakin-tastic - this formula costs twice what the others do. So we tried it and it does seem to help so if anyone comes across any coupons - please send them my way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I love the addition of "Simple Man" to your playlist. You know that song is very special to Bryan and me. I love you! Mom