Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Shopping...

God bless America... where they house elections in county schools and we teachers get the day off!

After taking the cat to the vet for her annual checkup where Pacey did announce that "Mommy has a baby in her belly but we don't know if it is a girl yet!" we met Mom at the mall for some traditional "day off from school in the middle of the week" shopping. We had a delicious lunch at CPK - where the thought of salads made me queezy - so I ordered the Mandori Mango Chicken pizza -YUM! We had the sweetest waitress who I perplexed with my pregnant diabetic question, "Do you have anything that is sugarfree and de-caf?" Her first response was "coffee" so I ordered an ice water with lemon with intentions of making my own lemonaide at the table. After bringing our drinks she returned to the table and said that she had figured out some other options for me - she could make me an italian soda with club soda and sugar-free flavored syrup - and she did - mango flavored to match my pizza - I was in heaven and so was she because I gave her a generous tip.

After lunch we wandered the mall and wound up at Motherhood Maternity. Four years ago, our local Motherhood store did not carry plus sized clothes and the clerks were super snotty when I asked them why...but now things have changed. They had some really cute things. I tried on clothes for an hour or more. Mom and Pacey would bring me different sizes and of course Pacey thought I looked "so beautiful" that she had to give me a kiss everytime I opened the fitting room door. We had a good laugh when I tried on the strap-on-belly-pillow under a dress. Pacey kept trying to lift the dress to see it, all the while showing my business to the whole store... ahh good times. I made it out of there with 4 new bottoms and 2 new tops - I am pretty psyched. I used what was left of the mall gift card I got from Dad for Christmas but the rest was on me - good thing tomorrow is payday!

No comments: