Tuesday, February 26, 2008

No news - is good news...

Hi friends, sorry I did not post after my appointment on Friday - No worries, all is well. We braved the ice storm and went to the appointments. I had an 8:30 with the diabetic educator who is also a diabetic and pump wearer. When I walked in she said " I thought you were gestational diabetes but your not, are you?" I said, "Nope, I am a lifer..." she said "well, I don't think I have anything to teach you." She probably didn't but it was nice to sit and talk to someone who knows EXACTLY what I am going through - very refreshing.

We finished up early so I moved on over for my ultrasound - we got to see and hear the baby's heart beat - I love that sound. The images were nothing to write home about - very blurry and hard to tell what anything was. The tech pointed out the head and arm buds but they are really not visible on the pictures. Finally, I know exactly how far I am. Based on my new due date, I was 10 weeks, 3 days at the time of my appointment - the baby measured 10 weeks, 4 days - I figure he/she knows best - I was officially 11 weeks on Monday.

I go back to see Sweeny and Lance in 8 weeks - at that time they will be able to check the babies organ development and maybe even determine the sex.

My next appointment with Buckson in about 3 weeks. Say some prayers for me that I can keep all of this straight. Between my endo, OB, and high risk OB plus Pacey's ENT and 4 year check up - we have at least one appointment a week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie and Eric,
Thanks for the updates, this is such a great way to keep us in the loop. We will continue to pray for all that is going on with doctor appointments and a healthy baby. Can't wait to see the next picture of the little (bird).

Love,
Pat