Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dr. Buckson doesn't play...

I had an appointment with my regular OB today, Dr. Buckson. From my previous posts you know that I find this woman's sense of humor refreshing and relaxing. Today, she asked me if I had any religious beliefs that would interfere with her giving me a transfusion should I lose too much blood during delivery. I told her, "No" then while she was making note of it in my chart, I said, "I fully expect you to save my life... how is that for pressure?" She smiled and said, "I have never lost one yet, I have no problem pumping you full of blood and yankin' out your uterus to save your life, cuz I don't play!" My response… "Good!"


The outcome of the appointment other than establishing that I would gladly accept an transfusion - My due date has been officially changed to September 16th - my Uncle Harry's birthday! That makes me 10 weeks.


I go back to the high risk doctor next Friday - I will have another ultrasound to post after that visit. Say a prayer for us that the baby's heart and spine are developing normally - those are the 2 major issues for diabetic mothers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Connors! Tom and I are so happy for you. We'll certainly keep you in our prayers for a full term and healthy delivery. Life just keeps getting better, doesn't it?
Love,
Grand Jan

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,
Of course we will be happy to keep you and the bird (new grand baby) in our prayers.

Love,
Pat

Anonymous said...

I finally got some computer time and just got caught up on your blog postings! I love it that you are sharing your thoughts and some details of appts with us! It will save me lots of long-distance now that I know my mother & sister are reading! Love ya bunches! Mom