Saturday, June 6, 2009

Preschool Graduation...

Pacey had her Preschool Graduation on Tuesday, June 2nd... Eric and I both took the whole day off from work and mom was able to sneak away long enough to watch the ceremony. It was outside on the new playground and afterwards there was a picnic. The teachers and kids really did a nice job. They marched in 1 by 1 wearing caps and gowns, the girls in white and the boys in blue - they even had '09 tassels on their caps - amazingly there were an even number of boys and girls so they sat every other... they sang a couple of songs and introduced themselves and told one thing they learned at school - Pacey said, "Hi my name is Pacey and I learned how to sing songs!" Later each child was presented with a "diploma" then the teachers made predictions for what each child would be when they grew up - Pacey will be nurse because she is caring and likes to take care of people. Then they gave each child a toy to match the profession - Pacey got a stethoscope and blood pressure cuff. During the picnic they had a moon bounce and snow cones - it was really nice. We gave Pacey a pink rose and a magnet set to display her art work on the fridge, she also got a pack of graduation smiley face stickers that she took upon herself to share with all of her fellow graduates... I can't believe my babygirl is going to kindergarten. Enjoy the videos and slide show of the pics...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pacey, I can't believe that you are just getting so big. I know that you are so excited about riding the bus in the fall to school, but Mom Mom would love for you to stay little just a while longer.

I love you so much,
Mom Mom

Anonymous said...

Carrie--Thanks for updating the blog--I love it! I'm so glad I was able to share Pacey's little graduation day--I can't believe we've had her 5 years! Thank you for all the wonderful memories! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
Thanks for sharing Pacey's graduation ceremony with me. It was so sweet. I was pleased because someone thought she may be a Nurse. She is so loving and caring

I love all of you,
Mommaw

Anonymous said...

that was great Carrie.