Saturday, September 13, 2008

I survived...hey, hey!

Well, Eric went back to work this week - I was not thrilled but I did survive...

Sunday we discovered that Pacey was not thrilled with being a big sister. I asked her if she was glad that she was a big sister and she said, "not really"
GASP! "Well, what would happen if you weren't a big sister?"
"You would have to get things for yourself!"
"What about the baby?"
"If you were holding the baby, Daddy could just get things for you!"
So, it isn't that she doesn't like him, she just is not thrilled with helping us... so off to Grammy and Grandpa's for a sleepover and a much needed break from her brother.
Monday - Mom and Pacey came to the house pretty early and we hung out here all day. When Eric got home we took our first family trip to the Super Wal Mart - yes, 4 acres is too much store when you are healing from a c-section, but it was worth the pain to get out of the house... with my bedrest, I had not been anywhere but drs. appointments and the hospital in 6+ weeks.
Tuesday - Eric took Pacey to school and Elliott and I survived a day at home on our own.
Wednesday - Mom came up and after several hours of prep - we embarked on our first mall trip. We packed up the kids and headed to the mall - it felt great to be back at the mall - you all know how I love to shop, and so I did... we also ate lunch at the new Austin Grill - tex mex - yum!
Thursday - Eric took Pacey to school and I had several hours to get ready before my 1:15 Buckson appointment... I am pleased to say that I made it there in one piece and on time! She continues to be pleased with my incision draining and is sure the antibiotics will take care of my infection - oh, yeah, I forgot to post that my incision is infected - yay :-/
Friday - would have been my first day home with 2 children, but my good friend Debbie called and said that she would take Pacey for a couple of hours. They went to the park and to McDonald's for lunch- somehow Pacey came home with 3 happy meal toys...hmmmm?
Here are some pics from the week...


Me and my boys...




Pacey, Grammy, and Elliott at Austin Grill.




Mommy's little super star!



Cute but crabby...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
What a beautiful family! I love your blog, since I'm currently without email on our new computer. Elliott is so HANDSOME, and I love the picture of Pacey sitting on the edge of Mike's boat. What a bathing beauty! Let me know if you got the gifts we sent, used regular mail and sent them to Annapolis this time. Everything came from Penney's if you need to make exchanges. We love you guys and are thrilled with our newest little blessing!
Love,
Gran Jan