Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tea Party

Wow, I cannot believe that Pacey is 4 years old - her birthday was March 20th. On Saturday, March 22, we had a tea party to celebrate.



It was fun, we only invited 4 friends, plus Grammy and Grandpa, Bryan and Summer. Pacey's friend Zoe was sick and couldn't come so we had 4 little ladies for the party. I stamped the invitations and wrote the following:


Don your fancy dresses,
Your beads, hats, and shoes,
Come on over to Pacey’s house,
For a fun-filled afternoon.

Bring your best manners,
For ladies we will be,
Dining on finger sandwiches,
And sipping delicious tea.


The girls all had on pretty dresses, little sweaters, some wore hats and even lace gloves - they were so cute.




We started with a craft. I had cut teapots out of purple foam and the girls decorated them with flower and princess stickers.


Afterwards, they worked together in pairs to see who could make the highest tower of cups and saucers. I used paper cups and plates and little doilies. The girls had to stack plate - doily - cup - plate - doily - cup - over and over to see how high they could get.



Before serving lunch we sipped hot tea (decaf of course) from my china cups and saucers - none were broken!




For lunch we had finger sandwiches that my mother cut out with little cookie cutters - PB&J, cream cheese, cream cheese and cucumber, and plain cheese. We also had chicken salad in filo cups, fresh fruit kabobs, and chocolate covered pretzels molded to look like flowers.



The cake was a teapot - baked in the Pampered Chef batter bowl. The handle and spout were made from gum paste that I bought premixed at Michael's. We also had cupcakes - decorated to match.


We also had a quick Easter Egg hunt in the light rain. The girls got to take home their filled eggs, their teapot craft, plus a goody bag folded to look like a teabag. I think it is safe to say that everyone had fun.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
I'm so proud of you! What a fun and creative birthday party! That cake looked amazing! And stacking saucers and cups, how cute! Puppy Jack's pretty cute, too.
grand Jan

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
The tea party was so well-done, just like all Pacey's parties have been. You really have a special talent. When the weather warms up a bit more, I'll take you, Pacey and Summer downtown to Reynolds Tavern for afternoon tea.
Love, Mom

Jessica said...

I think we should quit teaching and become party planners. Everything was so cute!

Anonymous said...

Carrie,

I wish I could have been at the tea party! It looked so fancy! That cake was fantastic. I remember how cute the cupcakes were from Pacey's 3rd birthday party too. You could open a business on the side baking specialty cakes!
Love, Terri

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
The party looked like so much fun. Sorry I was not there. Would have loved to share a cup of tea with Pacey.

Love to all,
Pat