Thursday, March 6, 2008

a little scare...

Today we had quite a scare. I tripped coming down the concrete steps in front of our house, fell down 2 steps and landed in the driveway. I broke my fall (somewhat) with my toes, knees, and hands but I did land on my belly and it was a hard hit. Eric was home - he had taken the day off - and rushed out to help me up. I was obviously very upset but Pacey had an ENT appointment at 8am and we were on our way there. I decided to go on but called my OB while in route and she advised me to go to the emergency room. I took Pacey to her appointment and called Eric. He came to the ENT office and stayed with Pacey while I went on to the ER. I called Mom, and she and Dad (also off from work) met me there. I was terrified but tried to stay calm. By the time I was answering questions in triage, Eric and Pacey were there. Pacey stayed with Grammy and Grandpa in the lobby while we waited in the back. The nurse was able to hear the baby's heartbeat but wanted to send me for an ultrasound to be safe. Back out to the lobby to wait for the doctor... when we were called back, Mom and Dad took Pacey and went home as we knew we would be there for a while. The doctor came in right away but it took quite a while to go for the ultrasound. When we finally did, we were relieved to hear and see the heartbeat as well as little arms and legs moving about. All was well. An hour later the doctor came in to confirm that everything was fine and we were on our way. Not the way we had planned to spend our day - especially Eric who had big plans to get things done around the house - but we are so thankful that everything is fine. I am sore from head to toe and will probably hurt worse tomorrow, but all is well with the baby.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Carrie,

Eric called to let us know what happened and we are so thankful that you and the baby are doing well. Take care.

Love,
Pat

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was scary for all of us! Thankfully, my prayers were answered! Hey, no more scary stuff, ok? Love, Mom

Jessica said...

SO glad you and the baby are ok!!!!
Be careful!! And can we get together soon!? Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Evaleigh told us about your fall today and then I checked your blog. We were very happy to hear that you and the baby were OK.
Hope that you are not too sore today. By the way...Barbara is a nice name for a baby...don't ya think?
We're looking forward to seeing you at the wedding!
Take care.
Love,
Your old Aunt B

Laura said...

Glad you and the baby are okay! Hope you are not too sore.

Be careful..watch out for those steps, they can be a doozy.

Laura