Thursday, January 1, 2009

Catching up... (updated)

Once again, it has been a while since my last post... if you are reading this, please leave me a comment so I can know that I am not alone in my blogger world. If you do not have a "blogger" account, you can leave a comment as "anonymous".

Anyway, I hope you all had a marvelous Christmas! We did... on Christmas Eve, my parents came over along with our neighbors, Aaron, Kris and Baby Lane for some holiday cheer. We decorated Christmas cookies and munched on some yummy party food.




***On a side note - Baby Lane was born exactly 3 months after Elliott, weighed exactly 3 lbs less, and was 3 inches shorter!***



So we had fun decorating cookies - Pacey was only allowed to eat 2 cookies but probably decorated at least 10 - and of course had to lick the icing off of her fingers! Some light hearted (wink, wink) competition broke out amongst the adults as to who had the prettiest cookie... I think I won -then again, it's my blog!



After everyone left we got in our jammies and watched Wall-E before setting out cookies and milk for Santa. We also hung a special key on the door so that Santa could get in since we don't have a fire place, and of course we had to throw some carrots out front for the reindeer. Eric and I did ok... we were in bed by 12:30 - much earlier than last year.




Pacey woke us up around 7:45 Christmas morning - which is pretty early for her. She ran upstairs and told us that she knew Santa had come because there were presents under the tree wrapped in paper with Santa's pictures on them! A tradition in our house... This year we put the tree in our dining room - sounds funny but for those of you that have been to our house, you know that is where we have the most space. We got our tree so late this year (week and a half before Christmas) that we had trouble finding a lot that was still open and stocked - but we did and got ripped off in the process - apparently the sales tax in Maryland was raised to 10% ?!?!?!?!?





Ok, I am rambling... so Christmas morning... Pacey got the "purple barbie beetle with a remote control that is a phone" from Santa while Elliott got some toys that he is not even interested in yet. Pacey was a very helpful big sister, as she opened Elliott's gifts and showed each one to him. Eric got me a Wii - which was quite a surprise as they are impossible to find - but pretty much everybody I know got one this year. Eric's most exciting gift from me was a NASCAR ride along that he can use the next time we go to Charlotte. We hung out at home most of the day and went to my parents in the late afternoon.















We had a fun evening with my parents, Bryan and Summer, and our friends, Scott and Jim. We opened LOTS of gifts and finally ate dinner around 9:30 - cuz that's how we roll! Oh, I forgot to mention that Elliott was sick all day with a low grade fever and way more spit up than usual - he was better the next day but pretty much had to be held all day... thank you Summer and Jim!

** side note - Scott just completed his PhD in psychology, so as a gag gift, I got him a medical doctor's kit, Pacey made him check her pony's temperature.***













5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
Thanks for sharing with us about your Christmas. I especially love the family picture and Santa with his Reindeer! :)

Love,
Jo Jo

Anonymous said...

Thanks Carrie,

The pics are so cute and love hearing about what is going on at the Connor's.

Have a Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Pat

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs.
Looks like you all had a blast.
-Misty

Anonymous said...

Keep on blog'in! I love the pictures. It was the next best thing to spending Christmas with you. Jack and Lottie are so cute in their Christmas attire. I'm pretty sure you should enter that one in a contest somewhere. My love to the Connor kids!

Terri

Anonymous said...

Hey, Carrie, please keep bloggin. I'll admit I don't check it as often, but it is nice to know it is there when I need a grandkid "fix". It really was a very merry Christmas this year! Here's to 2009--bigger and better and healthier and happier!
Love, Mom